This 1953 Army Tent Fabric came from a giant mess tent. It was rescued from a landfill by a neighbor and brought to the Truce studio for repurposing. The tag says it was manufactured in 1953 in upstate New York, making it the oldest material in our inventory. This is truly an opportunity to own a piece of history.
The fabric itself is heavy-duty cotton, likely treated many times with a weather-resistant wax treatment. It repels water and moisture the old-fashioned way, without chemical treatments or laminations. This fabric has a lot of character and makes for a beautiful bag. This Daypack is only weather-resistant, but it is heavy-duty and ready for rough use in the field.
YKK®'s Aquaguard zipper technology keeps interior items dry, and a bright reflective strip from 3M make sure you're seen at night.
- 20L Capacity
- Fits 15" laptops
- Dual-density layer foam harness straps
- Sternum strap whistle buckle
- Interior key ring
- Top handle, side handle from durable woven Cordura®
- Interior tablet sleeve
- Dual interior mesh pockets
- Shoulder harness made in Vancouver, WA.
- Army cloth washed, cut and assembled in Portland, OR
- 12" x 6" x 18"
- 31cm x 16cm x 46cm